One of the best parts about living where I do is that I truly experience all four seasons. One of my favorite, and certainly one of the most beautiful, is fall. I’ve only seen a few trees around town with leaves that have begun to change, but the temperature has dipped and it’s starting to get darker earlier at night. And – stay with me – it smells like fall. It just does! There’s a crispness in the air, and it makes me want to throw on jeans and a sweatshirt and head out to a local football game.
Aside from being a beautiful season, there are so many fun things to do during the fall. I’ve already started to create a list of things I’d like to do with my family, and I would love to hear from you about your favorite fall activities!
- Go apple picking
- Attend the fall festival that my family has been going to since I was a little girl – complete with hay rides, festival games, rides, and pumpkin picking
- Catch a football game
- Play with my son in a pile of leaves
- Bake a pie – probably cherry, my husband’s favorite
- Drink warm apple cider
- Watch my favorite fall/Halloween movies
- Carve pumpkins
- Paint my nails a deep, fall color
- Decorate the front porch with mums and pumpkins
- Bonfires in our backyard